Types of Suntherm Infrared Panels
The Suntherm infrared panels can be divided into six major categories:
- Types according to capacity and size
- Types according to the mode of installation and type of ceilings
- Types according to protection against dust and water ingress /IP marking/
Types according to voltage level
- Types indented to warm animals
- Types combined with lighting /combi light/
There is a definite relation between the capacity and the geometric dimensions. According to the relevant standard, the energy density is maximum 9 to 10 W on a surface of 1 dm2 .
It means that the surface of an infrared panel is directly proportional to its capacity.
Dimensions of Heating Elements:
- 400 mm x 220 mm 60 W
- 800 mm x 220 mm 130 W
- 850 mm x 250 mm 220 W
- 1000 mm x 250 mm 250 W
- 600 mm x 600 mm 300 W
- 850 mm x 500 mm 350 W
- 940 mm x 600 mm 500 W
- 1200 mm x 600 mm 650 W
- 1800 mm x 600 mm 1000 W
The mode of installation and ceilings
- Panels with normal plastic framework for installing onto the wall
- Panels that can be built into plasterboards
- Panels with oak framework /for wainscots, and for wooden ceilings/
- Panels that can be installed into boarded ceilings /Armstrong/
- Panels that can be installed in infrared saunas
Types according to IP ratings
IP-40, IP-54, IP-67
Types according to voltage levels
12 V, 24 V, 48 V, 110 V , 220 V és 230 V.
The heating panels can be operated both on direct current and alternating current /DC and AC/. Heating places for animals
- Bottom warming for animals /Pig/
- Upper warming for animals /horse solarium/
In animal husbandries, the Pig panels can be used for warm the barn of the livestock. It brings the most benefit if used at raising piglets in crates. Sows demand a temperature of 16 °C, while piglets need a direct temperature of 25 to 30 °C. The difference between such demands on temperature led to the development of Suntherm Pig panels. The temperature of the room must be set to the temperature the sows need. The Pig panels should be installed by means of four screws on the place where the piglets stay. The panels are connected to the mains with plugs, and then warm up to the temperature the piglets need. In addition to the above, this kind of panels can also be used for pets /dogs, cats, reptiles etc./. Technical Data
- 1000 mm x 400 mm
- 500 mm x 400 mm
- Capacity: 50 – 70 – 100 W
- Weight: 2.5 to 4.5 kg
- Protection: IP-67
- Voltage: 230 or 24 V
- Surface temperature: 30 to 35 °C.
These panels do not require maintenance, and can be cleaned by water jet.
Horse solariums are used for drying horses after their running. Although horses do not need heating, it is necessary to dry their back in order to prevent pneumonia. Suntherm horse solariums are suspended above the horses, they can be pulled up and lowered by means of hoist winches and can be connected to the mains with plugs. After warming up they dry the back of the horses and provide real thermal comfort. According to the veterinarians’ opinion, infrared radiation has a positive effect on healing muscle injuries.
- Size: 1885 mm x 1060 mm x 206 mm Capacity: 1600 W Weight: 45 kg Protection: IP-40 Voltage: 230 V Surface temperature: 100 °C
The infrared panels are combined with fluorescent lamps. They are installed equipped with adjustable Bowden cables: you can adjust the distance from 0 to 1000 mm. Types: infrared panel size 600 mm x 600 mm = 300 W 1200 mm x 600 mm = 650 W Such panels are recommended to install to heat and light office rooms.